Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Yahoo! News - LOOK FOR THE MEDIA LABELS

I am a news junkie... I admit it! In the last few years I have witnessed an almost complete silencing of a left-leaning media as radical right wingnuts that spout pure opinion based on little fact have jumped into the forefront of American political commentary. The coulters, hannitys and o'reillys of US media are little more than "GOP talking point" billboards for the idiots of the world and a good example of Jeff Gannon mouthpieces prostituting themselves for the GOP.

Now, in the spirit of offering some balance in Internet media, I will devote an entire blog to that patriotic cartoonist Ted Rall. To be honest, I find that as a cartoonist his drawings are rather "child-like" in their presentation. That is irrelevant to Ted Rall being patriotic. What makes Ted Rall a patriotic cartoonist, in my humble opinion (OK, sometimes "over the top" opinion), is the written material and the commentary it provides on his view of the United States of America. It is the same thing that draws me to read his editorial views which are a good representation of many patriotic NYC residents I meet, as well as many of the patriots living in surrounding suburbs of NYC, and the blue state patriots that are within earshot of the ever present loud NYC voice.


Yahoo! News - LOOK FOR THE MEDIA LABELS: "What hits home hits hardest. I too have been victimized by the idiotic practice of repeat labeling. 'Controversial cartoonist Ted Rall' garners no fewer than 58 hits on Google. Care to guess the results for 'patriotic cartoonist Ted Rall'?"

Patriotic cartoonist Ted Rall... This "Google hit" is for you, and the millions of Americans you represent! If you are doing this search to prove Ted wrong on his theory please note that the only hit I came up with was his own editorial on the subject of Media labeling... This blog for patriots does not count since it was written after the fact.

No comments: